Transform your goals
into a successfully developed project
The importance of strategy and planning for a successful project
Perfectly designed software will accelerate your performance and even inspire employees and stakeholders to do more. How often do you see software do that? It is so rare, mostly because analysis and planning failed.
Checklist to consider when starting the project and identifying success factors:
- Avoid analysis paralysis. Work closely with service provider and let them guide the way when things start to be overanalysed. It is okay to leave details uncovered – in the early stages of the project focus must be on the big picture, not on each part of it.
- Business first, technology second. Team must first focus on understanding business needs and how to accomplish them. Only after goals have been clearly defined can we make an informed decision on technology that suits the needs best.
- Define long-term and short-term goals. It is essential that the service provider and the client are both completely clear on the aim of the project. Right from the start business benefits that are expected of the project must be communicated. A system to track and evaluate performance should be defined.
- Plan client’s resources and schedule. Service provider must provide expertise and support, but the client needs to evaluate their own capabilities as well. Client's employees will need to dedicate time to various tasks, which, if not planned properly, can delay the project. Considering sub-contracting at an early stage can be beneficial later on.
- Establish marketing strategy. When it comes to website projects, planning marketing strategy has a key role. Understanding visitors, what they actually look for and how they consume content is critical. Synchronizing outbound and inbound marketing efforts will lead to a product loved by the users and with a higher ROI.
- Identify processes and automate them. Identify time-consuming operations for people who use the software. Plan how to make them more productive by automating tasks and simplifying processes.
- Agile planning and project management. Complex projects take time and energy to plan and execute. Along the way priorities will change, team will change and even project scope or goals may change. “Agile” ensures better use of budget and time by breaking the project into a number of smaller phases, each with a clear timeline and goal. At start, whole project is defined only on an abstract level while details are planned as the project progresses, one phase at a time.
Analysis, strategy and planning. In workshops and meetings we sit together with the client and talk about business goals, success factors, audience and industry. Once common understanding is made, together we proceed with the conception – sketching pages, organising navigation strategy, content strategy, defining workflows and details of the project.
Design and agile development. At the end of “Vision phase“, everyone has a crystal clear image of how the new platform will be organised and how it will function. Our designers convert that vision into pages with modern design. After reviewing the design, agile development (programming) can start. Once this is done, our Quality Assurance process takes place and removes any potential bugs and malfunctions.
Soft launch, support and optimisation. We join forces to make the final touch and insert content and media. In-house staff will be completely autonomous in publishing content and managing the website - training sessions are organised to enable this. Our SEO checklist is run through to ensure website will get good ranking in search engines. Once the website is live we continue to support you in your day-to-day tasks. Together we track and optimise the performance of the new website.
Web Bay dedicates a great deal of time and care to testing and QA processes.
Before each delivery, Web Bay staff will conduct intensive testing of all features. This way we ensure that none or minimal amount of issues are presented once project is delivered. Moreover, it allows the client to focus on new software usage and next steps instead of spending time finding bugs and problems. Such approach allows us to move forward easily and significantly reduce time to market.
Let's organise a call, we would love to get to know you.